Your smile is often the first thing others notice about you, and with good reason! A beautiful smile is an attractive feature and a sign of good oral health. However, not everyone is born with a naturally perfect set of teeth. Luckily, cosmetic dentistry can transform imperfect smiles into something wonderful. From correcting minor imperfections to replacing missing teeth, you can feel confident that your smile will be healthy and aesthetically pleasing. At Marcial Dental PC, our dentists in Flushing & New York, NY are skilled in various cosmetic services, including veneers, implants, whitening, and more. Whether you want to enhance the appearance of your smile or you have a more complex issue that requires restorative treatment, we are confident we can achieve the beautiful results you desire.
Types of Cosmetic Dental Treatments
A veneer is a thin shell of porcelain bonded to a tooth's front surface to cover imperfections, discoloration, chips, or gaps between teeth. The veneer covers the entire tooth's front surface, hiding the imperfection. Veneers are permanent and can stain like natural teeth if not properly cared for.
Composite bonding is a cosmetic procedure that is extremely popular among patients. Composite bonding may be the right option if you have chipped or cracked teeth. During this process, a composite resin will be applied to the teeth. It is molded into the desired shape and hardened with a curing light. After the composite has been cured, your cosmetic dentist will polish the resin to blend in with the rest of your smile.
Dental crowns repair severely damaged or decayed teeth that fillings cannot save. These caps fit over the entire visible portion of the tooth to restore its shape and strength. Crowns can also be placed over dental implants to replace missing teeth, making them a versatile restoration option.
If you’ve lost one or more of your teeth, dental implants can be used to replace them. Implants are artificial tooth roots anchored in your bone and gum tissue to replace your tooth’s roots. Then, a crown is placed on top of the implant to replace the visible portion of the missing tooth.
The Advantages of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry can enhance the appearance of your smile, giving you more confidence and improving your self-esteem.
- Procedures such as teeth whitening, veneers, and dental bonding can correct imperfections like stains, discoloration, chips, cracks, gaps, and misalignments.
- Cosmetic dental treatments are designed to provide natural-looking results that blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- Cosmetic dentistry can improve oral health by addressing dental issues, such as decay, gum disease, or malocclusion, which can lead to complications if left untreated.
- A beautiful smile can positively impact your confidence and self-image, improving social and professional interactions.
Cosmetic dentistry can significantly impact a person's self-confidence and overall well-being by enhancing the aesthetics of their smile. Contact Marcial Dental PC at 164-11 Crocheron Ave, Flushing 11358, or call (718) 353-1309, or at 150 E 58th St. 8 Floor Annex, New York 10155, or call (917) 227-2328, to learn more about cosmetic dentistry.